Jul 25, 2007

2 days before heading Berkeley

And I still haven't finish packing...I have been on too many business trips that I know I can pack in three hours if I need to.

This week have been just saying goodbye to my close friends ( no big farewell party), spending more time with mom and yes, trying to confirm my housing. It took quite an effort to get so many people to rent this beautiful Eco house but I am sure all the effort will be worthwhile.

Everyone who has or hasn't been to MBA are all telling me to just enjoy myself. However, I will never forget advice that Eric and Stephan gave me ( I love receiving good advice as much as giving them.. ):
A. Write down your three goals- 1. to learn to be a better leader. I want to trying to be a leader who can lead a team to accomplish something with impact. I know I need to be more open-minded on opinions while forcing an issue through with credibility. I need to take more risk.
2. To learn how to evaulate a company/deal with numbers and find an interm that is finance related ( evaluating the return of a project etc) 3. to develop a hobby (glof? wine tasting?) 4. to know everyone in the program and network as much as possible
B. take courses that you really enjoy ( want to try the human resource course as suggested by Vincent) and don't do the Chinese thing- hang out with people from various background

Just writing these goals alreayd make me super excited. Everyone says I will have a great time at Berkeley. I will because I know there will be no other time in my life I can be as laid back as I will in the next 2 years.

No comments: